If you find that you are eating mostly from the Deadly food list maybe it is time to think twice about your eating habits.
Live food - this is food which is alive
Shoots and Sprouted seeds and nuts
Wild or Organic leaves/fruits/mushrooms/vegetables/flowers/berries/grasses. consumed straight after picking
Insects (eaten by mistake or with purpose as a part of the above)
Eggs (as above, picked from the nest)
Living bacterial cultures - sauerkraut/nut or seed cheeses - this can be either raw or dead foods that you make alive with foreign bacteria through, for example fermentation
Raw food - food which has not been heated.
This one is easy, anything that has not been heated. Full of enzymes and fibres (if plant products), vitamins, minerals, good fats etc.
Heated food and/or Dead food - food that has been heated.
The nutritional value has decreased and the water has for the most part been cooked out of it. The molecule structure of the food changes and enzymes are killed. Some foods can have certain compounds released better through cooking, for example due to the fibres breaking down.
Depending on how you prepare the food it will be more or less dead. When I say dead food, it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, as in some cases you will receive more energy (calories), however you will not come close to the nutritional content in raw or live foods.
Superior ways of heating foods are: steaming, stir-frying in a wok using lime or water (not oil), using the oven on low-heat, and boiling (soups).
Deadly food - food that actively does harm to your health and your organism.
OK, here are the killers, I have more or less put them in the order that I rank them when it comes to damaged caused, particularly the first seven:
Soda - any kind of soda, you know them, Coke and all the rest.
Sugar - refined sugar in particular - sugar is (a) seriously addictive and harmful (drug). Avoid at all cost.
Flour - particularly white flour.
Artificial/Chemicals - Aspartame and all the other scary conservatives and e-numbers, they cause you serious harm.
Fast food - or more appropriately named, Junk food (you are what you eat, junk=trash people)
Ready Meals - same as fast food, it is trash!
Cooked or hydrogenated fats - Deep fried foods, or heated fats in general - seriously a bad idea.
Refined salt - Pure Sodium, if you want salt, change it for a natural salt, with the minerals all intact, a real salt has colour (red, grey, pink, purple, black) any colour but white.
Smoked foods - the smoking process creates carcinogens.
Dairy- pasteurized dairy, no matter what the add campaigns say, it's bad news. It has puss, blood, hormones, vaccines, the protein casein (which promotes cancer growth), and it causes serious mucus build up in your lungs and sinus. Furthermore, it promotes asthma and allergy, and if you are not white European you will have even bigger problems with dairy.
Soya - Most likely GM - Full of female hormones and other nasty substances, if you want to eat this your best bet is to eat small amounts and make it yourself (then it is a live food)
Meat - another dark horse to your health, if you really want to eat meat, eat only organic meat and fish from clean water, and do so in small amounts, and infrequently. Wild game is the best meat you can eat - pig (pork), cow (beef) and commercial chicken are some of the worst. And naturally sausages and hot dogs, they are nasty things and don't really deserve to be called meat.
Alcohol -not a food but it has to be on here, as it does your body serious harm, if you want to drink, do so modestly and infrequently.
Simple tips that will get you away from the Deadly list are:
- Change your products from refined products to unrefined whole products - wholegrain etc
- Substitute your rice/pasta/potatoes etc. for Quinoa
- Change your soda drinks for fresh juice or water
- Start using a real salt
- Use the cooking tips as given under heated foods
- Stop using your microwave oven
- Stop buying fast food, McDonald's and Co does not serve happy meals, they serve depression.
- Always eat organic. Particularly meat products.
- Start reading the ingredients on the products that you buy, if they have conservatives, sugar, salt, hydrogenated fats and soya lecithin (to just mention a few) just don't buy it.... if you really want cookies, well do like your grandmother, make your own (but use unrefined sugar and wholegrain flour)
Simple tips to improve your health through the diet:
- Eat a fruit before every meal
- Don't drink with your meal
- Drink plenty of water in-between meals
- Drink a fresh juice every day
- Start your day with a Green smoothie
- Chew your food properly and eat in a calm state
- Give thanks for your food
- Leave two hours after eating before going to bed
- Feel no guilt in combination to your food choices, eat and love it.
That's it for now people, Love yourself and treat your body with respect, it deserves it.
PS. at the moment the only animal products I eat are honey, bee pollen and insects (unknowingly).